Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hip Hip Pooh-Ray: On the Hunt for Winnie the Pooh, Round II (22/07/2013 - Present)

Original illustration by E.H. Shepard, found at the V&A
Photo courtesy of their website

Continuing on my hunt of all things Winnie the Pooh, I learned that the V&A Museum is in the possession of some of the original illustrations done by E.H. Shepard. Unfortunately, my e-mails to them went unanswered and I was unable to get to the printing room to see them in person, I did however, find some of them on-line to look at and am currently planning on sending a new e-mail to ask about the collection in general. 

Original illustration
Courtesy of www.paulfrasercollectibles.com


In the meantime, the New York Public Library (NYPL) currently holds the actual animals owned by Christopher Robin. If time allows for it, I would love to hop on the train and go take a look at them in person. I had the amazing opportunity to see them years and years ago when my uncle brought me in, but seeing them now, after learning all of these new things, it would bring a whole new meaning to this classic creatures. 

Lastly, in my efforts to research everything Winnie the Pooh, I have visited my local library and found several books. I currently possess The Enchanted Places, a memior written by Christopher Robin and a book about A.A. Milne, the man behind Winnie the Pooh. This afternoon, my day off, will be spent lounging by the pool and reading this works. Not a bad way to do some research, right? 


Original illustration
Courtesy of www.paulfrasercollectibles.com



No comments:

Post a Comment